We place great value on the protection and security of your data, regardless of whether you are a customer or visitor to our online presence. We therefore undertake to protect your private sphere and to handle your data confidentially. In this document, we are pleased to inform you of the specific personal data collected in relation to your visit to this website and the purposes for which it is used.
I. Responsible person
This website is operated by Zumtobel Group AG, Höchsterstraße 8, 6850 Dornbirn, Austria, FN 62309 g, which acts as the “responsible person” within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “GDPR”).
The responsible person has not appointed a data protection officer, because this is not necessary in order to comply with the statutory requirements.
However, inquiries about data protection and the processing of your personal data can be sent to the following email address, and we will handle them in accordance with the statutory provisions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Data processing, Purpose of processing, Duration of storage
This section describes the data categories we use as well as the purposes we aim to achieve through use of the data. Information on the length of time for which various kinds of data are stored is provided where possible.
Every time this website is accessed, access data is saved in a log file known as the server log. The data record saved in this regard contains the following information: date and time of access, IP address, session ID, the website accessed, name of the website from which the website was accessed, and information about the browser used.
We only analyze these log files in the event of misuse of our website. We reserve the right to subsequently examine the log files of users against whom a concrete suspicion exists of having used our website illegally and/or in breach of contract. In general, it is not possible for us to associate this data with a specific person. If such association is possible, however, we only use such data in cases for which a corresponding legal basis exists (weighing of interests in the individual case).
When you log in to our website or online shop, we collect the contact data you provide (in particular, your name, salutation, telephone and fax number, email address, language of correspondence, department and online shop access data) and use it on the basis of the processing agreement on this subject. Moreover, in our internal processes, you are assigned a customer number and one or more contact persons from our company. We use this data to make our online shop available and serve you insofar as you are a customer of, or interested in, our company. In most cases, such data is stored for six months after use of the online shop has ceased (the customer account is deleted).
If you place an order in the online shop, we collect additional information for this purpose, including a delivery address and other information necessary for order processing, which you provide. We store such data for up to six months after the customer relationship ends.
Insofar as personal contact or order data is also used in our accounting processes, such data is stored until the end of prescribed periods on the basis of the statutory retention periods to which we are subject (usually 7 years in Austria).
If you have provided corresponding consent to us as part of the registration process or at a later time, we will also use the data resulting from your use of the online shop and the website, such as the web pages you accessed, the length of time you stayed on individual web pages and the products you looked at, as well as your previous items of interest in order to optimize our customer service and provide you with customized information. This data is stored until you revoke consent to its use.
If you have agreed to receive a newsletter, we use your name and email address to deliver such a newsletter. This data is used for as long as you are subscribed to the respective newsletter.
You can revoke at any time any consent you have provided for processing of your personal data. You can send notice of revocation in writing or via email to email@example.com.
III. Data recipients and recipient categories
In connection with operating this website and/or online shop, the following service providers have been engaged by the responsible person.
Website hosting provider: Zumtobel Group AG
Online shop provider: Zumtobel Group AG
Aside from the specific recipients listed, other service providers may be engaged in connection with providing this website and the online shop (e.g., hosting provider, shop provider) in the future.
Transmission of data to other Group companies is performed on the basis of consent granted for data transmission to the named recipients.
IV. General principles for the processing of personal data
1. Without limitation, we comply with all statutory data protection regulations.
The data protection directives of the European Union and the national laws derived from them apply to the storage, processing and use of personal data. The legal basis for processing the respective personal data is evident from the foregoing.
2. Personal data is not sold, given over, rented out or otherwise disclosed to third parties in any manner without your consent.
We will not make third parties aware of your personal data for advertising or marketing purposes or otherwise give it to third parties unless this is necessary in order to execute the performance owed to you or without your express permission.
In some cases personal data may certainly be made available to external service providers if they offer sufficient guarantees that data will be used legally and securely, and they contractually undertake to comply with the principles and statutory provisions described in this Data Protection Policy.
Within the scope of corporate restructuring or mergers, we reserve the right to transfer personal data to other companies, provided they also undertake to comply with the principles of conduct described here and are domiciled either within the European Union or a third state with an appropriate level of data protection.
If you decide to actively use the social networking functions offered in our online presence, personal data will be forwarded to the respective external social network providers. See Section 4, below, for detailed information on this topic.
Furthermore we reserve the right to forward personal data to third parties if we are compelled to do so by operation of law, judgment handed down by a court of competent jurisdiction or administrative order issued by the competent supervisory authority; or if, as a result of actions or omissions on your part, we are forced to have our rights, property and assets protected by the competent supervisory authorities or have said rights, etc. enforced on our behalf.
3. The data we collect is limited to necessary and expedient information.
When we collect personal data, we always explain to you the purposes for which we process the data.
In individual cases, we collect personal data only to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes. If personal data is no longer required for our use, it is deleted.
V. Your rights in relation to the data used
If and insofar as we use personal data relating to you, you have the following rights in relation to such data:
• Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You can demand information at any time as to whether personal data relating to you is being processed by us and if so, to demand that we inform you of the specific information, as well as the purposes of its processing, the origin of the data, any recipients to whom the data has been transmitted and the length of time that such data has been stored by us.
• Right to correction (Art. 16 GDPR): If you become aware that personal data relating to you is incorrect, you can demand the correction of such data at any time. Insofar as you consider data to be incomplete, you can also demand that any missing data be added.
• Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR): If you believe that the processing of your personal data is no longer necessary or that such use is occurring without a sufficient legal basis or is illegal for other reasons, you can demand the erasure of this data.
• Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): Instead of erasure, you can also demand that data processing be restricted if data is being processed illegally. In particular, you can also demand such restriction of data processing if you dispute the correctness of the data or have filed an objection against an instance of data processing.
• Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): With regard to the personal data that you have created yourself and which is used on the basis of a contract or consent, you can demand that this data be provided to you in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You can also demand that this data be sent directly to another responsible person.
• Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR): If in your special situation there are reasons that make it illegal to process personal data relating to you, which we are processing on the basis of a weighing of interests, you have the right to object to such data usage. Insofar as your personal data is processed for direct advertising, you also have a right to object.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art 77 GDPR): If you believe that your rights in relation to personal data relating to you have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In particular, you can do so with the supervisory authority that is responsible for your place of residence, place of work or the place of suspected infringement. In Austria, the competent supervisory authority is the Datenschutzbehörde [Data Protection Agency], Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna.
If you have questions about your rights in relation to your personal data or want something clarified, you can contact us at any time at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. Processing of data by social networks
This website uses social media plugins of various social networks. These plugins are functions of the respective social network that enable you to share content from our website with your contacts in the social networks or to recommend this content, for example. The social media plugins can be recognized by the logo of the respective social network.
We use social media plugins from the following social network operators:
• Facebook: Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
• Google+: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
• Twitter: Twitter Inc., Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
• Pinterest: Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
• LinkedIn: LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
• Instagram: Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
On our website, all social media plugins with the exception of YouTube are deactivated by default, which means that simply accessing our website does not result in any data being transferred to the social network providers. If you want to use the functionality of the respective social network and therefore activate an initially deactivated social media plugin, you are expressly consenting for data to be transferred to the social network operator from that time forward. We have no influence on the scope of data collected in this way by the providers of social networks.
To our knowledge, the following data is transferred:
• IP address
• User identification, if you are logged into the respective service
• Previously visited page (referrer), if you followed a link
• Type of browser and browser settings
• installed plugins like Adobe® Flash® or Adobe® Reader®
• URL of the page on which the social media plugin is integrated
• The date and time of the visit
• Technical data relating to the operating system
• Location-specific information
Through the integration of the plugin, the operators of the social networks receive the information that you accessed the respective pages of our online presence. If you are at the same time logged in to a social network, the operator can associate these page views with your account on the respective social network. If you then go on to interact with the social media plugins, e.g., clicking the Facebook “Like” button, that information is also transmitted to the respective social network.
Even if you are not a member of any said social networks, it is possible that via the social plugin they may become aware of your IP address and store it. For details about the purpose and scope of data processing, collection and use by the social networks used by us and your rights and setting options in this regard, please consult the privacy policies of the social networks:
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
• Google+: https://policies.google.com/privacy
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/privacy
• LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
• Pinterest: http://about.pinterest.com/privacy/
• Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
If desired you can permanently activate the plugins of one or more social media providers. In this case, whenever you access a page, data is always transmitted to the social network provider. You can deactivate certain or all social media plugins at any time.
Moreover, you may be able to render data transmission to social media networks technically impossible. To do so, please adjust the security settings in your web browser, for instructions on how to do so, please consult the “Help” section in your web browser.
Furthermore, in individual cases, it is possible to block social media plugins using add-ons for your browser, e.g., blocking the Facebook plugin using “Facebook Blocker”.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer. Most of the cookies we use are deleted from your hard drive at the end of your browser session (“session cookies”). Other cookies remain on your computer and enable us to recognize your computer on your next visit (“persistent cookies”). In addition, cookies placed by third party providers are used on our website.
You can prevent the saving of cookies by selecting the appropriate browser setting. Please note, however, that if you do so, some functions of this website may not be fully available.
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your computer, please deactivate the storing of cookies in your browser for our website or configure your browser so that cookies in general are not stored on your computer. You can also delete previously saved cookies using your browser.
The following categories of cookies are used on our website:
I. Session cookies
To facilitate browsing on our website, we place a session ID (“session identifier”) that is associated with each visitor when they start using our website. This session ID allows our server to identify you and/or your computer/browser as the same visitor, even if your IP address has changed. This session ID makes it possible to associate multiple related requests by a user with a single session. The session ID cookie is only valid until the end of a session. When you close your browser, it is automatically deleted.
II. Persistent cookies
a. Google Analytics
You can prevent the saving of cookies by selecting the appropriate browser setting. Please note, however, that if you do so, some functions of this website may not be fully available.
Moreover, you can prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by these cookies and the data related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google; to do so, click the following link, and download and install the Google plugin available for your browser: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Additional plugins of this sort are also available from other providers, depending on the browser used.
In light of the discussion around the use of complete IP addresses in analytic tools, we wish to note that this website uses Google Analytics with the “anonymizeIp()” extension and as such, the IP addresses are only processed in truncated form in order exclude direct association with a person. Your IP address is therefore truncated by Google within European Union member states and other signatories to the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the US and truncated there. The IP address supplied by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
Emails sent using Oracle Eloqua use tracking technologies. We use this data primarily to find out what topics are of interest to you; we do this by monitoring which of our emails are opened and the links you follow. We then use this information to improve the emails we send you and the services we provide.
When subscribing to the newsletter and confirming your subscription, the IP address is saved with a time stamp in order to document your subscription in the event doubts arise. Furthermore within the framework of subscribing, we collect other personal data such as your first name, last name and email address. We use this data to personalize and deliver our newsletter mailings. The data is not provided to any other third parties. You can cancel your subscription at any time – either by using the convenient link at the bottom of every newsletter or via email.
III. Third party cookies
Services by third party providers are also integrated within the framework of our website. With regard to these services, however, processing of personal data performed by the providers listed below falls outside the scope of responsibility of the provider of this website.
If you access a web page on our online presence that contains Google Maps, your browser establishes a direct connection with Google servers. The map content is directly transmitted by Google to your browser, which integrates it into the website. We therefore have no influence on the scope of data collected by Google in this manner.
To our knowledge, this includes the following data, at minimum:
• The date and time of the visit to the respective website,
• Internet address or URL of the accessed website,
• IP address,
• (Origin) address entered for route planning
We have no influence on the further processing and use of the data by Google, and therefore, we cannot assume any responsibility in this regard.
c. Lumesse Recruiting
VIII. Links to other websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to the websites of other providers. If you click on one of them, you will be directed from our website directly to the website of the other provider. This is evident from the change in URL in the address bar of your browser.
We cannot assume any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data by such providers, since we have no influence on the compliance of the other providers with data protection provisions. For information about how your personal data is handled by these providers, please consult their websites directly.
IX. Security measures to protect your data
To protect your data, we take special technical and organizational security measures, which are reviewed and adapted to technological process on a regular basis.
Please note, however, that due to the structure of the internet, it is possible that data protection and data security rules will not be observed by other persons or institutions outside our scope of responsibility.
X. Amendment of data protection provisions
Since amendments to legislation or changes in our internal company processes may make it necessary to amend our data protection provisions, we reserve the right to do so, and we ask that you read this data protection policy regularly.
Last updated: February 2018
Sign up for exclusive discounts and the latest product news
I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.